The holidays are not even here yet but I am already working on my after Christmas shopping activities! I love shopping – I love shopping even more when I get a good deal. In today’s economic climate every penny counts. So I am the deal queen (and shopping queen, and stain remover queen and….. on and on). Did you know that you can save up to 80% on the original price if you wait until after Christmas?
Top After Christmas Sale Items
Now is when I start to organize my list of what I should buy on sale. There are birthdays and anniversaries throughout the year – I am a gift stocker!
- Electronics (For TVs wait till after January 1st)
- Winter clothes
- Christmas decorations
- Gift cards
- Perfume and Bath sets
5 Tips for pre After Christmas (Boxing Day for the British) Shopping:
- Make sure you are on the mailing lists for your favorite retail (online or off) outlets.
- Make sure you get the paper over the holiday weekend.
- Make sure you have your birthday list (friends and family) updated including what they like and what sizes they wear.
- Get those coupons organized! (many retail outlets accept coupons on top of discounts).
- Start shopping for your online purchases on Christmas Day – Stock is usually limited and the stores are still closed!
With all the information that I have ready – I usually check out Amazon first for books and electronics, I am on the mailing lists for Old Navy, Target, so I will be ok for kids clothing and shoes.com for my addictiion. And Sephora for those special girlie gifts (and colognes for a few men like my husband, father-in-law, and brother).
With a little bit of planning, a good few hours on the internet and a preplanned mall map of the stops that you want to make according to flyers and paper advertisements you can save lots of your hard earned cash and be prepared for gifting occasions in the future!
How do you plan your after Christmas shopping? Do you make a list a head of time?