How, What, and When of Curating Content
Curating content, when done properly and on a regular basis can boost your SEO, your readership, and your bottom-line!
What is it?
Curating content is when you gather content from an array of sources and then publish it in an organized fashion.
There are many ways to curate content. Excellent examples of sites that exclusively curate content are Pinterest, Alltop, and Digg.
As bloggers, part of our daily routine is to read numerous articles and other blogs in our niche as research and insight to our own blogs. Use them! Collect them in a Google document as you find them, organized by topic. Then, once a week, write an intro to your curated post and publish your “favorites” about a particular topic.
Why curating content is great for your blog:
- You have more to post about
- Meet new bloggers and build relationships with them.
- It’s great for your SEO
Content Curation Tools
To make life even easier, there are great tools to make content curation even easier. Some of our favorite tools are:
If you are looking for more tools, check out this amazing list: Comparison of Curation Platforms from SocialCaompare.com
- Always give credit where credit is due! Thank content creators!
- Focus on the best content for your audience and your niche.
- Do not just copy and paste somebody else’s blog post or article – Add a reference to the post and a link.
- Introduce each item that you are including in your post with your own comments and opinions.
- Keep your content keyword-rich. Optimize the content to make it easy for your audience to find it.
- Blast your curated content – share it with those who are mentioned in your post.
Share your curated content with us!