You invest in your blog every day, finding great topics, products to review, photos to show, brands to promote, and advertisers to buy property. You write posts on a daily basis. Are you making sure that your blog is error-free? Your blog should not be the star in the next “Spelling Bloopers” YouTube video!
Poorly Written Content Has Side Effects:
- You have probably less than 8 seconds to grab and retain the reader’s attention. If your reader has to slow down for spelling and grammatical errors, you lose them.
- Missed opportunities – If you’re looking for brands to work with, they will not be knocking on your door unless your content is perfect.
- Trust – Readers trust writing that looks professional.
Damage Control Tips
- Hire an editor/proofreader or ask your neighbor who has written three bestselling novels to go over your post.
Update the rules in your spell check. Use a word processor with a good spelling and grammar check, but remember that it will miss certain types of mistakes.)
- Proofread and edit again before posting.
Great Sites for Grammar and Spelling Tips:
Invest in yourself, purchase a spelling and grammar guide book like this one
Grammatically Correct: The Essential Guide to Spelling, Style, Usage, Grammar, and Punctuation [Kindle Edition]
- I proofread and edit my posts before posting.
- I don’t always proofread or edit my posts before posting.
- I write; I post. That’s it.
- I have an editor.